1.24.2011

Weekend Update!

Hey everyone! Theses are some of the things we did this weekend:
Friday we went to Rob/Cash/Turneys House and hung out for our dear friend Holsty's going away party. He is finishing his last semester of college in  Milwaukee, WI. He will be missed until his return. (We do have plans to go visit him in a couple weeks!) We ended up playing an intense game of risk, followed by Sorry. It was a fun night. Rob made nachos and Jim baked us pizzas, everyone knows I love food and I'm not afraid to eat it! Here is a photo of the game:
Saturday Joe and I hung out at home again ALL DAY! That never happens 2 weekends in a row. I didn't even get dressed until about 6:30 when we decided to go watch a movie with Lindsey and David. Lindsey had a craving for strawberry shortcake so we went to the grocery store, bought the stuff, and went back to Davids and devoured it! It was really good. Down side was the strawberries were $6/lbs! Crazy winter weather! Sunday we woke up and ate this for breakfast:
Gotta love fruit loops and Naked Juice! We went to church and Lindsey joined us which was nice! After church we came home and had BLT's for lunch and then headed off to Stillwater for the day. I was looking for some vintage chairs so we thought Stillwater would be the perfect place to spend the afternoon. Here is a collection of photos from our adventure...
We had fun looking at all the cool stuff, but the weather was freezing and by the river it is really windy. All the chairs that I was seeing started at about $150 and only got more expensive, I was looking to spend about $25/each. I did spot a chair that didn't have a price tag so I asked the guy how much it was and he had to call the owner to find out. I was expecting it to be out of my price range but when he got off the phone he said she would take $40 for it. I was shocked and I really wanted this chair so I told him I would take it! Here is a photo of our new conversation piece!
You might think it is ugly, Joe did too at first but it looks pretty sweet in our living room, You will have to come check it out! Now I just need to find one to match it! Wish me luck... On our way home from Stillwater we stopped at Red Robin for an early dinner. I had Chili and Joe had the Royal Red Robin Burger. I must say it was one of the best burgers I have ever tasted. Here is a pic of my soup:
We went home and immediately re-arranged almost the whole house to get our new chair in a lovely position. I think we did a good job, (I will post a pic of the new set up later). In the evening we went to our usual Sunday night house group. It was amazing to really use the small group time to get to know each other better and I hope we can continue to have more conversations like that one. Overall it was a great weekend, on the downside I kind of had a cold so I wasn't feeling the greatest. On the upside we get to look forward to Joe's brother, Michael's, first MMA fight on Saturday! You can pray that he doesn't get the crap kicked out of him and that its a good, clean, fair, fight and that he Wins! 
Until Later, ♥ Haley




No comments:

Post a Comment