1.26.2011

Next Purchase!

Holga 135
  
I have been thinking about getting a Holga for a long time and I think I have decided that I am going to do it. The Holga in the photo is the 120mm camera but I will be purchasing the 35mm version to save on film and developing costs. "The Holga's low-cost construction and simple meniscus lens often yields pictures that display vignetting, blur, light leaks, and other distortions." I have seen some amazing images taken with these simple cameras and I am excited about experimenting with it. Here are a few examples of what can happen:
Here is a link to the website these photos are from. It has a lot of great information about Holgas. I love the look of these photos and I know that I can take any photo and photoshop it to make it look like these but there is something intriguing about having it on film and not know what you are going to get from each shot until they are developed. I'm excited to eventually make this purchase, I will be sure to share the photos with you as soon as I have them!
♥ Haley

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about getting one as well since you told me about them! ... I'm just not satisfied with my working camera selection...

    ReplyDelete