1.17.2011

Here we go....


I have finally figured out this whole blog thing and am ready to start sharing my life with all of you. I guess I can start with our adventure from new years weekend at Joe's parent's cabin in Emily, MN. (You may have read about it on Joe's Blog) We went there with his parents to enjoy some time in the woods during the winter, which I had never done before.We attempted to sleep outside in our tent, but I chickened out (and Joe wasn't gonna stay outside by himself) with the possibility of a bear roaming the woods and the hurricane like winds and the supposed 7-11" snowfall. We did some 4 wheeling and winter hiking to track down the "bear" we saw in the tree, which later we discovered was just a porcupine. We took some great pictures, which you can also see on Joe's Blog, and had a great time playing cards and relaxing in the toasty cabin all weekend. In the end we realized we would have been just fine winter camping. Since then I have continued working about 4 days a week as a nanny and we have, as usual, filled our weekends with friends, family, and fun. This last weekend we hung out at a friends house and went snowmobiling and Saturday Joe and I enjoyed the entire day at home with each other. Sunday we went to church and then celebrated Joe's sisters 18th birthday at Famous Dave's. We finished the night with our House Group from Renovation Church. Now that you're all caught up I hope you would check back frequently to see whats new in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment